It's a personal and business question, and it depends a lot on customer needs.

From my point of view, emails are my business but are property of customers, and I must make my best in order to let them control their emails or have the best communication with their business partners using emails.

Deleting messages to wrong recipients means to let senders believe their email has been delivered even if they mispelled the address, instead to advice them to correct the address.

We are working this way since 15 years, and we never had problems with this way of thinking.

Probably attacks may suggest temporary restrictions, but only in exceptional cases, not for normal usage.

Normal solution (for us) is to reject messages at SMTP level, as it is done with paper email (unknown recipient) and voice calls (sorry, I'm not the person you are looking for).

Regards,

Tonino