Fabian,

The field in the domain table for password is 16 characters long.

MariaDB [vpopmail]> describe mydomain.tld

+-----------------+-----------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field           | Type      | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+-----------------+-----------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| pw_name         | char(32)  | NO   | PRI | NULL    |       |
| pw_passwd       | char(40)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| pw_uid          | int(11)   | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| pw_gid          | int(11)   | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| pw_gecos        | char(48)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| pw_dir          | char(160) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| pw_shell        | char(20)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| pw_clear_passwd | char(16)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |

vadddomain creates the table structure. Not sure how altering the columns pw_passwd/pw_clear_passwd to more characters (after the fact) would play out. I suppose you could give it a try.

Eric