Consider the possibility that this could be a spamdyke option/issue. I
mention this because with my centos5 toaster I had to manually install
spamdyke but it installed automatically with my recent centos7 toaster.
Also, the spamdyke version has upgraded from 4.x to 5.x which was a
fairly significant change.

You could test this easily by commenting out the spamdyke line in
/var/qmail/supervise/smtpd and then restarting qmail.  If that solves
the problem, then spamdyke is the culprit and you should then scour the
spamdyke docs for the appropriate setting to change.

-Andy