Question for others using the toaster.

Are you still supporting non-secure protocols? Such as pop3 on port 110 or imap on port 143?

My concern is this. If you have non-secure protocols configured on your phone, tablet, laptop, etc. And you travel to a hotel or other establishment with wifi. It is a rather trivial matter for other people on that wifi to steal your password.

If you have these protocols open, all it takes is for one user to configure their phone/tablet/laptop to use them to get your server easily hacked. Causing you to get on blacklists and create all sorts of grief for you.

Due to this, I am contemplating removing these protocols from my server, forcing all users to configure everything with secure protocols. What is everyone else doing?

Thanks, Gary

PS - I realize there are other security issues with servers and mail, just trying to address the wide open holes!