You can build nearly anything you want and deploy to AWS.  I use VMWare on
my mac, build my own local VMs, export to OVA, and convert to AMI.  Not
point-and-click but certainly do-able.  I had to build my own CentOS 8 AMI
because CentOS didn't have an official one, and I didn't trust any of the
janky ones in the public catalog.