Because vpopmail is compiled with mysql, aliases are put in the mysql vpopmail db when done programmatically, otherwise add aliases manually in .qmail files.

You can use valias at cli with -i switch (below):

# /home/vpopmail/bin/valias
must supply alias email address
valias: usage: [options] email_address
         -n ( show alias names, use just domain )
         -s ( show aliases, can use just domain )
         -d ( delete alias )
         -i alias_line (insert alias line)

Example: valias -i f...@inter7.com b...@inter7.com
         (adds alias from b...@inter7.com to f...@inter7.com