Found it.  When setting the domain defaults using
/home/vpopmail/bin/vmoddomlimits I had used NOQUOTA on the parameters
regarding the number of accounts, aliases, forwarders, etc.  While it
looked like it worked, this was the source of the missing menu items in
qmailadmin.  Once I re-ran the vmoddomlimits command against my domains
qmailadmin started behaving as expected.

-Chris