Thanks, Derrell, for filling in the missing pieces.  I knew you had more
insight into the transport difference than me.

Since you didn't address it directly, can I assume the info I provided
on cross-domain URLs and running the app in a server browser were
correct?

I hope we have some Qooxdoo developers that have implemented cross-
domain requests in web2py, so that they can fill in the rest of the
pieces for Don, even though it sounds like he doesn't really need to use
them.  Am I reading that correctly, Don?  If so, it seems you have what
you need to move forward without worrying about getting cross-domain
requests working right now.

HTH,

   Gene