On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Edwin Ringersma wrote:

> No sensible person would. But we're talking about customers. They
> seem to have a special talent for doing things you wouldn't expect
> from any ordinary person. Expect the worst, never overestimate
> your customers.
> Never had a customer calling that has deleted his mail from the
> server asking if you could please be so kind to restore it ?
> 'Sorry, if you've deleted the mail from our server, it's gone, we
> cannot restore it' (or at least sure don't want to)
> Any sensible person would assume deleted mail to be deleted,
> customers generally haven't got a lot of common sense.
> (sorry to be so negative but I guess you get the idea)

it's reality, that's all. Don't programs like Netscape Messenger actually
put your mail to a Trash folder first before permanently deleting it?
If you then STILL delete it, you're too stupid to live ;)
People are more relaxed these days about the word 'delete' because of the
introduction of the Recycle bin. They figure, now they can be stupid more
often and not have to worry too much. Efficiency tends to bring about
laziness.
We could probably say the same thing about the spread of viruses..It's
directly porportional to the # of stupid people out there. And I dont see
that # decreasing anytime soon.
Just my opinion.

-Tony
Anthony J. Biacco                       Network Administrator/Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       Intergrafix Internet Services

    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today"
http://www.asteroid-b612.org                http://www.intergrafix.net