I am running Qpopper4.03 with Kerberos.  Suddenly when people try to
retrieve mail I am getting a lot of I/O errors such as:
I/O error flushing output to client [IP address] Broken pipe (32)
  -ERR POP EOF or I/O Error
-ERR [SYS/TEMP] maillock error 'Max tries exceeded' (4) on
'/var/spool/mail/username

This is the configure file used to build Qpopper:
/usr/local/qpopper4.0.3/configure --enable-servermode
--enable-bulletins=/var/spool/bulls --enable-specialauth
--enable-temp-drop-dir=/var/spool/poptemp --enable-keep-temp-drop
--with-kerberos5=/usr/krb5 --enable-any-kerberos-principal
--enable-kuserok

I am getting similar errors with version 3.1 which runs on a
different port than the kerberized popper.

This is also causing pop lock busy messages.
--
Doryce E. Moore, Center for Computational Science
System Support Group