Could you pls give us more information as to exactly why they can't pop and
what the error message are ?  Also are there any restrictions on either
your tcp wrappers (/etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny) or a firewall that
may be responsible ?

Broadly speaking where in the world your IP number is should not have a
bearing.

Peter