On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 08:30:33AM -0500, Matthew Koch wrote:
> Has anyone ever confirmed a problem when enabling
> home-dir-mail on FreeBSD systems? I have a FreeBSD
> system that uses home-dir-mail for quotas and would
> love to go to Qpopper 4, but I get an error message
> about the users home dir being too long. Has this
> been addressed? Will it be fixed a (near) future
> release? I commented out the strlen check and everything
> works fine, but I'd like to know why its happening.

There was an apparently FreeBSD-specific bug in this discussed on the
list a few months ago, and there was a workaround for it which did not
require a code change, but I don't remember what that was.  May have
involved setting some parameter on the command line instead of via
compile-time?  Finding it will probably require you to dig through the
archives.

It certainly would be good to get it fixed.
  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   WWJD?   "JWRTFM!" - Scott Dorsey (kludge)   "JWG" - Eddie Aikau