On Wed, 24 Oct 2001 09:44:37 +0100, Petr Simecek - Innervision wrote:

>I try to use Qpopper over SSL. Doing by using manual, but I do not
>know, who can subscribe my certificate generated with OpenSSL? If this
>step is missing and I done settings, Qpopper refuse connection
>immedietly and write to log:
>
>localhost popper[31771]: (v4.0.3) Unable to get canonical name of client
>192.168.2.107: Unknown
>localhost popper[31771]: Error setting certificate PEM file /etc/mail/certs/cert.pem
>localhost popper[31771]: ...SSL error: error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no
>start line
>localhost popper[31771]: ...SSL error: error:140AD009:SSL
>routines:SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file:

Looks like some problem with your certificate file. How did you create
it? I'm using a self-signed cert with no problems. The client will
complain initially that the signing authority is not recognized, but
you just have to manually add it to the client's list of trusted certs.
Eudora has a Cert Manager button in the Options dialog to do this.

Ken
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my
answer on the list.]