I can't belief that this is a problem of your pop daemon.
A pop daemon stores no information about which messages have been
send to a client (after a connection have ended).
A pop daemon only delete messages if the client tell him that he shall do it.

Tell your user to switch the "delete messages from server"-option on.

- oliver