On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 23:56:09 -0600, Paul McKinley wrote:

>Yes, localhost is in /etc/hosts.  No apparent issue with localhost,
>resolution, etc, except that drac doesn't understand it... in this
>environment.  Could be something else is wrong, but I think I've checked all
>the right stuff.

I looked into this and it looks like dracauth passes the hostname to
RPC's clnt_create. For Linux, this is in glibc, and I didn't chase it
down into that. Could be that glibc uses the nss stuff to search
/etc/hosts before DNS, but Solaris RPC just looks at DNS.

>drac cf rules: see drac instructions.  Unfortunately I'm not up to speed
>sufficiently at the moment with m4 to figure out how to get the rules to go
>in the right place with features or hacks, I'd prefer it to be a single
>feature that does the entire drac thing.  So I follow the directions.  The
>directions didn't quite work, so I posted the workaround.

When Red Hat packages sendmail 8.12, I expect I'll have to face this
myself. I'll report back what I find. (Red Hat is still packaging
8.11.6.)

>The nsl library is native to solaris 8 as I've installed it -- but popper
>configure doesn't know to include it unless you tell him to.  It's not a
>dependency issue, it's a qpopper-with-drac-on-solaris configure issue.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. nsl is part of the glibc package on
Linux, and I don't see it referenced in any qpopper Makefiles, so I
don't know why the Linux system picks it up automatically and Solaris
doesn't. It *is* mentioned in the qpopper configure script, but I don't
know why. I don't see the tested API used in any C or H files.

Ken
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my
answer on the list.]