At 11:27 AM +0200 9/29/01, guenter wessling wrote:

>  Hi.
>  This is a question of list management:
>
>  Since dy before yesterday, I receive all popper-list-messages twice,
>  and my own was delayed with
>
>>The original message was received at Fri, 28 Sep 2001 05:57:05 -0700 (PDT)
>>from mailout03.sul.t-online.com [194.25.134.81]
>>
>>    ----- The following addresses had transient non-fatal errors -----
>><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>

>  Delay was due to my provider, but the "doubling" also ?
>  Anyone else has this problem ?
>
>  Additionally I received some strange "propaganda messages" lately (out of
>  topic from the list, of course). The messages came to me through
> qpopper-list.
>  As nobody uttered comments: did you not receive the spam ?
>
>  Whom do I have to contact then ?
>
>  Thanks
>
>  guenter
>  guenter wessling ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

I'm really sorry that the spam was sent through the list.  It was
sent by someone who took the time to subscribe and answer the
mail-back, which is the front-line protection against spam (there are
also some filters).  Of course the account that sent it was
immediately unsubscribed.

Pensive.org's mail server experienced hardware problems yesterday,
which accounted for the delay warning you got, and may explain
duplicates (if there were only a few).