----- Original Message -----
From: "Tech Support" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Subscribers of Qpopper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 3:47 PM
Subject: Sendmail Problem (I know this is a Qpopper list)

> Hey Guys,
>
> I know this is a qpopper list, but sendmail works "seamlessly" with
> qpopper I thought I would give a sendmail problem a try.
> (I'm really just desparate).  When I do the command:
> date | sendmail -v [EMAIL PROTECTED], this is what I get.
> I was wondering if someone new where I put the hostname so
> that all mailservers will except mail from us.  Thanks.
>
> Adam

> 554 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [MYIPNUMBER]

And indeed it cannot. For starters. you have a reverse DNS lookup problem;
aharris.eboundhost.com resolves to 65.209.155.218, but the reverse DNS
lookup of 65.209.155.218 fails: "can't find 65.209.155.218: Non-existent
domain". Then, when you do a "nslookup -query=mx aharris.eboundhost.com", it
turns out you have no mail exchanger defined either: "*** No mail exchanger
(MX) records available for aharris.eboundhost.com". Your ANAME (not the
CNAME) does have a mail exchanger defined, though: "eboundhost.com
preference = 10, mail exchanger = mail.eboundhost.com".

Back to the drawing board. :) And you're right: this really is not a
sendmail list; sendmail only speaks SMTP, not POP.

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---
"If you were supposed to understand it,