Hello,

I've just recently installed Qpopper 4.03 which has solved a few problems
but now most users receive the following error message serval times per day:
-ERR [SYS/TEMP] maillock error 'Max tries exceeded' (4) on
'/var/spool/mail/username': File exists (17)

Could anyone please help me out as to why I am receiving this message and
how to possibly get rid of it?

I have Qpopper 4.03 running on an AlphaServer 800 5/400 with digital UNIX
4.0f and sendmail 8.9.  I have approximately 2500 users reading mail off
this server.  qpopper's configure was run with no flags and no
configuration file.

inetd.conf entry:

pop3  stream  tcp  nowait root /usr/local/lib/popper popper -s

Thanks in advance for any help,

Chris