At 12:04 PM 3/4/02, Clifton Royston wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 08:36:13AM -0600, J.D. Bronson wrote:
> > Does anyone have qpopper 4.0.3 running with tcp_wrappers in STANDALONE
> mode?
> >
> > I can get this to work under inetd, but not standalone
> > and the docs dont seem to indicate whether or not this can be done
> > or even how.
>
>tcp_wrappers itself, *by its design*, can only be used for software
>running under inetd or xinetd or a similar application.  There are some
>persistent daemons which use the TCP wrapper libraries themselves to
>get a similar effect but AFAIK qpopper can not do that.

sendmail, for example, uses libwrap to allow it to use TCP Wrappers. I make
use of that on my mail systems. You are correct that qpopper does not
presently contain the code to use libwrap. That's something that COULD be
added, but is not there today.

Dan
Daniel Senie                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Amaranth Networks Inc.                    http://www.amaranth.com