Hi,

Could someone explain to me how chunky writes effect qpopper timeouts? I'm
having  a lot of problems with users getting timeouts when they attempt to
pop their mail. The error message I was seeing in /var/log/messages was:

Mar 11 10:00:25 i2000 -s[39039]: (v4.0) Timeout (120 secs) during nw read
from username at IP address

So I changed qpoppers timeout to 600 seconds but now I  get a lot of error
messages like:

Mar 11 10:00:25 i2000 -s[39039]: (v4.0) Timeout (600 secs) during nw read
from username at IP address.

Most of our customers use Outlook Express and we have changed the server
timeout in their settings from one to five minutes.

The only other thing I see in the qpopper FAQ that addresses this issue is
the bit about chunky writes, but there's a couple of things I don't
understand.

Since I already have qpopper installed and running can I just run
./configure again to change the chunky writes? Or should I use a
configuration file? I don't quite understand how I should create the
configuration file and just how to tell qpopper to use it.

Any help  would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lisa Casey, Webmaster
Netlink 2000, Inc.