At 07:49 PM 3/11/02, Alan Brown wrote:
>On 11 Mar 2002, Kenneth Porter wrote:
>
> > The qpopper RPM is compiled to use SSL and DRAC, so you need to install
> > the dracd and openssl-devel RPM's. Is the error message not clear? The
> > hard part is figuring out which package contains required libraries, but
> > "libssl" should have been a clue.
>
>You can also use up2date which is supposed to go get them.

BIG warning here.

DRAC requires portmapper. So if you use up2date to try to load DRAC (and if
the dependencies are properly set up in the drac RPM), you'll get a bunch
of stuff you might not have wanted on your server. This is the one big
danger with up2date.

You also have to pay RedHat $60/year/server for the service (which I do,
and am generally happy with).

I, for one, do NOT EVER run portmapper, NFS, YP or other such stuff on
production servers unless absolutely necessary. I do have an alternate
solution for SMTP-after-POP (which will get merged in to qpopper sometime)
which does not rely on those components.
Daniel Senie                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Amaranth Networks Inc.                    http://www.amaranth.com