Hi all

I have Mandrake 8.1 running with postfix and qpopper (both installed
straight using rpms).  I can send email from a remote machine email
client but when I reply back back to the server it gets returned with
the error shown at the bottom of this email.  So I'm guessing qpopper
isn't setup properly.  Please help if you can I am at my wit's end.

I have the following in xinetd.conf
#
# Simple configuration file for xinetd
#
# Some defaults, and include /etc/xinetd.d/

defaults
{
        instances               = 60
        log_type                = SYSLOG authpriv
        log_on_success          = HOST PID
        log_on_failure          = HOST
        cps                     = 25 30
}

includedir /etc/xinetd.d
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

and in /etc/xinet.d/pop3 i have
# qpopper config file for xinetd
service pop3
{
        flags       = REUSE NAMEINARGS
        socket_type = stream
        protocol    = tcp
        wait        = no
        user        = root
        server      = /usr/sbin/in.qpopper
        server_args = in.qpopper -s
        log_on_failure += HOST
        log_on_success += HOST
}
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
and in /etc/services there is included the line

pop3            110/tcp    Post Office Protocol - Version 3
pop3            110/udp    Post Office Protocol - Version 3
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I get the following messaged returned to me :(

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    (reason: 554 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: Recipient address rejected: Relay
access denied)

... while talking to mydomain.net.:
>>> RCPT To:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<<< 554 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access
denied 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Thanks for any help

Neil