On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Speci wrote to Subscribers of Qpopper:

> is there a way to block recipients (by email-address) in qpopper?
>
> example:
> generally I want to receive everything at *@domain.com but someone is
> sending spam to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> I dont need [EMAIL PROTECTED] so I want to block this.
>
> I know I can filter this out in my email client but I'd like to know if
> there's a way to filter this out in qpopper.

That isn't a Qpopper function.  If you don't want to block mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] via a filter in your mail client, then you need to do it
in your MTA.

It isn't clear, but I'm guessing from your description that "domain.com"
is a hosted domain on a machine that has some other primary domain name.
Assuming you're using Sendmail, and assuming all mail for @domain.com
(regardless of username) is to go to you, and assuming you manage mail for
hosted domains via Sendmail's virtusertable feature, you need something
like this in your virtusertable:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]<tab>error:nouser User unknown
@domain.com<tab>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

That will cause Sendmail to reject mail for [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a "User
unknown" error, but will cause mail for any other username @domain.com to
be delivered to [EMAIL PROTECTED] (or to whatever real address you
substitute).

If that isn't applicable in your situation, take it up in
comp.mail.sendmail (or the support newsgroup or mailing list for whatever
MTA you use).  It isn't a Qpopper issue.

--
Chip Old (Francis E. Old)             E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager, BCPL Network Services        Phone:   410-887-6180