At 4:31 PM -0500 1/2/03, Vasilios Hoffman wrote:

 Hi Folks,

 We're using qpopper version 3.11 in standalone mode (heavy traffic) on a
 solaris 5.6 box and the popper periodically dies with this syslog message:

 Jan  2 14:10:12 someserver popper_3.11[16332]: popper_3.11:
 Server: accept() error: Software caused connection abort [130]

 I stuck my nose into the source code that was lying around a couple weeks
 ago and it looked like it was failing on, go figure, an accept() call.

 While the server is long due for both an OS and popper upgrade, does the
 cause and/or solution to that problem ring any bells?  Is there a quick
 fix or is it just the heavy traffic/load the machine is under?  Does
 anybody know if 4.0 handles this more gracefully?
I've not heard of this before. It'd be worth trying 4.0.4, just to see if it makes a difference, since the upgrade should be easy.