On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 13:56, Eric wrote:
> Redhat 8, sendmail, qpopper4.0
> just installed qpopper and it is listening to the machines ip address but when I try
> to make a connection via outlook express I just get the error
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.mydomain.com', Server:
> 'mail.mydomain.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
> 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>

> Eric
> The opinions and/or expressions contained in the adjoined communication are strictly
> those of the individual conveying the communication and may or may not be those of
> The Kier Companies.

It's my understanding (perhaps incorrect) that the Microsoft clients
won't do STARTTLS, so you need to point them to a port which is
negotiating TLS connections immediately, not after issuing a command.
Try pointing the mail client to port 995 (make sure qpopper is listening
on 995 for TLS connections only).  That resolved all the TLS problems
for me when using MS clients.

--
Brian Keefer