On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Lisa Casey wrote:

> Regarding .pop lock files: if most of your customers are using an MS mail
> client (Outlook Express, Outlook), try  increasing the server timeout in
> their settings. Microsoft's  default is one minute. We have found that, by
> increasing the  server timeout on their end we get a lot fewer pop locks.

In many cases it is easier to remove one's eyes with a rusty spoon than
to walk a customer through changing their settings.

This is particularly so with those insisting on using Outlook/OE

Many places have banned these packages for security reasons, many ISPs
have issued security warnings about these programs.

In preferenece to getting someone to change their timeouts, consider
migrating them to something more secure such as Thunderbird.