Tony,

Thanks for the reply!  I was beginning to wonder if anyone was on this list
anymore!!!  :)

> Additionally, here's how you can find them, and then see if
> one of them is good
>
> $ locate *include*ndbm.h
> /usr/include/gdbm/ndbm.h
>
> $ grep dbm_pagfno /usr/include/gdbm/ndbm.h
> extern int       dbm_pagfno ();
>
> So this is good. If the grep turns up nothing, then you have problems.
>
> -Tony
> Anthony J. Biacco
> Senior Systems and Network Administrator
> 303-981-4955

OK, so here's what I have found:

grep  dbm_pagfno `find / -name *ndbm.h`
/usr/include/ndbm.h:#define     dbm_pagfno(__db)        ((__db)->dbm_pagf)
/usr/local/include/ndbm.h:extern int     dbm_pagfno ();

(I'm using Solaris 10, so the locate command doesn't work... Also, this grep
was one command quicker.)

I have tried using both ndbm.h files.  I first moved the /usr/include/ndbm.h
to ndbm.h.old, then ran my configure and make.  Here's my error:

dbm_dirfno                          pop_bull.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to popper
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Then, I moved the /usr/include/ndbm.h.old file back, and "olded" the
/usr/local/include/ndbm.h.  After destroying and untarring the qpopper.tar
file, and running configure and make again, here's my error:

dbm_dirfno                          pop_bull.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to popper
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Seems to be the same no matter which file I used.

ls -l `find / -name *ndbm.h`
-rw-r--r-- 1 root bin 3141 Jan 21  2005 /usr/include/ndbm.h
-rw-r--r-- 1 bin  bin 2003 May  4  2003 /usr/local/include/ndbm.h

The files are different, but both seem to act the same, or at least, result
in the same error.  Here's my configure:

./configure --enable-bulldb=/var/spool/bulls --enable-auto-delete
--enable-server-mode --enable-standalone --enable-log-facility=LOG_LOCAL5
--enable-specialauth  --with-pam --enable-shy
--enable-home-dir-mail=mail/.mail

I am compiling 4.0.9. I have used this exact same configure statement on
Solaris 8, with no problem, using 4.0.9.  I do have more information (in the
form of the config.log and such) if needed....

Thanks!

Alex