At 9:45 AM +0930 5/14/07, Damon McMahon wrote:

 I had the same problem on MacOS X 10.3, it was resolved by using
 standalone mode rather than running popper from xinetd.

You could use a run-time configuration file, and set 'set statistics = true'. See the samples/qpopper.config file.

Also, on OS X, launchd can be used in place of xinetd. I will try and add a sample launchagents file for this.