On May 5, 2008, at 11:51, Giannis Mantzouranis wrote:

Hello
I had compiled qpopper 4.0.12 with openssl 0.8.9g patching the Makefile in the popper directory with -ldl so that it compiles fluently with this version of openssl. The server works in plain sessions on port 110 but dies with the following error message
Expected comment or end of line; found ""
at line 2 of config file /etc/mail/qpoppera.config
I must address that I kept the same configuration with qpopper 4.0.9 witch I used already. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions

You didn't let us know what line 2 of the config file says, but I suspect its one of the TLS key file names. There seems to be a bug in 4.0.12 with the way it parses those file names. There are 2 temporary workarounds if that is the problem: Add a space after the end of the file name, or put the file name in quotes. Both of those worked for me.