hi,

i get following error on configure:
        ./configure: line 3035: WARNING:: command not found

my configure line is
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --enable-shy --with-pam=pop3

and an error on "make install":

        /bin/install -c -md 0644 -o root ./man/popper.8  /usr/man/man8/
        /bin/install: invalid mode `d'
        make: *** [install] Error 1

strange... your Makefile is: "install -c -md 0644 -o ..." !?
shouldn't it be "install -c -d -m 0644 -o..." ??
when removing the "d", installation works.
        install --version => install (coreutils) 5.2.1

regards