At 10:45 PM +0200 7/8/08, Sasa wrote:

 Hi, I use Qpopper 4.0.9 on Fedora Core 5 and hardware resource are:

 CPU: Intel Xeon 3.00 GHz
 Memory: 3 GB RAM
 Disk: two hard disk from 72.8 GB/10.000 RPM/WIDE ULTRA320 SCSI in RAID 1

I have about 700 users and from a few days I have a dramatic perfomace problem because in some hours the queue increase in excess mode and I have more 800 mails in spool directory !I use qpopper in standalone mode and I use -s -R options:

 [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# ps -ax|grep popper
 19147 ?        S      0:00 /usr/local/sbin/popper -s -R

 ..if popper service is stopped the queue are emptied in a few minutes.
I have read the documentation about 'Perfomance' but I haven't solution for my problem, What can I do to solve my problem ?
 Thanks in advance.

When you say you are experiencing "queue increase" you mean that incoming mail builds up and is not delivered?

Is your system CPU-limited, memory-limited, or I/O-limited? That is, if you use any kind of performance monitor, even just 'top', do you see high load average and no idle CPU? Or, are you seeing excessive pageouts?

Also, have you tried enabling server mode? As long as your users don't access their mail using any sort of local program, it should be OK. You can try also setting fast-update. See the "Performance" and "Server Mode" text in the GUIDE.pdf file.

--
Randall Gellens
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: ---------------