Hi Keith,

Server mode is an option in Qpopper that is independent of how it is invoked. It controls certain behavior regarding copying of spool files. Similarly, fast IO is another Qpopper option. These options can be set at configure or compile time, or at run time using command-line flags or system-wide or per-user configuration files. The Qpopper Administrator's Guide has much more detailed descriptions of these options. My suggestion would be to try explicitly turning these off using command-line flags or preferably (because it happens later) a system-wide configuration file, and see if the problem still occurs.