Hi,
Does anyone have any ideas on how to reduce the amount of disk IO
Qpsmtpd and qmail do?  Current, my server hits the hard drive four
times for each incoming local message:

  1. Qpsmtpd in spool directory
  2. qmail queue's directories
  3. Amavis to do a virus scan
  4. qmail-local writing to the user's Maildir.

I know there's not much I can do about 2, 3, or 4, so I'm wondering if
there is some way to not have Qpsmtpd also hit the disk for the
message?  Can Qpsmtpd pipe the message directly into qmail-queue for
example, without having to write to the hard drive?

>From what I can tell, qmail-smtpd simply piped the message into
qmail-queue as it received it, and if there was a problem it would
close the qmail-queue pipe early, and qmail-queue would then remove
any files it had created.  If Qpsmtpd could do something similar, it
would help with the disk IO traffic.
        -- Robert

--
    Robert James Kaes    ---  Flarenet Inc.  ---    (519) 426-3782
                 http://www.flarenet.com/consulting/