Skaag Argonius wrote:

Thanks for all the information but can I get some clarification about how I
actually use this stuff to authenticate users on my vpopmail mysql database?

You should get qpsmtpd from CVS (instructions on the web site). Then edit the "plugins/auth/auth_vpopmail_sql" file and change the following to correspond to your system:

sub authsql {
    my $connect  = "dbi:mysql:dbname=vpopmail";
    my $dbuser   = "vpopmailuser";
    my $dbpasswd = "**********";

You should also enable or disable the AUTH methods you wish to support:

sub register {
    my ( $self, $qp ) = @_;

    $self->register_hook( "auth-plain", "authsql" );
    $self->register_hook("auth-cram-md5", "authsql");
}

Then add the following to your "config/plugins" file

        auth/auth_vpopmail_sql

and you are good to go (after you test throughly ;).

HTH

John