On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 05:41:38PM -0500, Ed McLain wrote:
> I'm wanting to use the full power of SpamAssassin at the SMTP level, e.g.
> reports, user preferences, etc..  I modded the stock spamassassin plugin
> to pass spamd the recipient of the email, however, subject line changing
> and inclusion of reports as attachments doesn't work because, of course,
> the plugin is only reading score/tests back from the socket.  Is there any
> way to run the full spamc client and have it dump back out the full
> message modified the rebuild the transaction object in qpsmtpd?  I've been
> looking for an easy way in the source but don't see one.  Any help would
> be appreciated.

At the moment there's no way of rebuilding the transaction object. This was
discussed a few weeks ago, and I proposed a simple Transaction::body_replace
method here:

  http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.qpsmtpd/1815

but it went nowhere. Given something like that, though, what you want should
be a relatively straightforward extension to one of the spamassassin_spamc
plugins.

Cheers,
Gavin