On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:14:00 -0400
Matt Sergeant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 26 Apr 2005, at 14:51, Bob wrote:
>
> > Mainly wishing they would timeout? If they're hanging on
> > long enough to come to your attention, maybe a timeout
> > watchdog would work. Doesn't forkserver have one?
>
> high_perf already implements fairly aggressive timeouts. Though it's
> possible a connector could continually RSET to try and DoS you (?).

Erm, could you point one out to me for an example?  I'm hoping in
particular to implement booting a connection when it doesn't say anything
for several minutes.  I do this in forkserver with SIG{ALRM}, for example.

I do see check_earlytalker, but that doesn't work AFAICT.  When I telnet to
it, the only connection, it just sits there and never greets, and when I
type at it even after the timeout should have long passed, it complains
that I'm an earlytalker.  When I make then break a second connection, then
the first connection greets and I can proceed with the smtp session.

Brian