Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:
> I have done most of it; the block is that to be "complete" qpsmtpd
> needs to be able to split a transaction into multiple messages (one  per
> set of options for something) and it needs to be able to generate
> bounces (rather than just rejecting mail).   (Use case: mail goes to
> joe@ and doe@ – Some plugin wants to bounce the one for joe@ but let
> the one for doe@ go through).

I assume you are thinking about a plugin that fires *after* the rcpt hooks have
completed, right?  Otherwise, I think most MTA's will not fail the entire
message if a single recipient is 4xx'd, so as long as your test fires early, it
should be fine (i.e. no bounces required).

I'd rather not send any bounces at all, if I can help it.  I think of this as
the tarbaby defense...

John