On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Johan Almqvist wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Johan Almqvist wrote:
I have been starting to reimplement Mail::DomainKeys with the Cryp::RSA library, but with limited success so far. Crypt::RSA doesn't accept PKCS1 keys, and I have tried to use Convert::PEM to convert them, but I seem to be unable to find a correct ASN description that matches these keys.
I'd suggest trying a 32bit version of perl, as what you describe above should not be happening.

My platform being sparc64, that's easier said than done.

:)

I don't think it's perl misbehaving, I have reason to believe (from the little ktrace knowledge I have) that it's a problem in the openssl C libraries.

Ah ok. Well something has built wrong at least. It was of course either perl itself or one of the included libraries. Can't see 64bit really being a viable alternative for sometime. There's a wealth of 32bit software which just isn't being maintained anymore, but works perfectly under 32bit. Perhaps if Dan Bernstein ever got a 64bit CPU, he could fix his software, tho I won't hold my breath.
  Cheers.

--
Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Information Services Division, Clifford Whitworth Building,