On Feb 27, 2006, at 6:21 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

[.....]
        That's what I expected. So, is there a way to implement qpsmtpd on
port 465, accepting a straight SSL/TLS connection?

http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.qpsmtpd/4545
http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.qpsmtpd;max=4566

(Aside: it would be nice to have qpsmtpd run on multiple ports without having to run another
copy.)

I think with the 0.40/trunk branch that'll be a lot easier to do. (Personally I like using the firewall software to do it -- like you are doing it now).

[...]
        OTOH, it works perfectly fine for my Netscape 7.1 (on the same
system) with both AUTH CRAM-MD5 and SSL/TLS

With all ports? Hard to believe...

        Agreed, but it worked - also on 0.31.1 ...

Maybe Netscape looks for the SMTP header before starting SSL... (seems odd though)

 - ask

--
http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/