John Peacock wrote:
> Timo wrote:
>
>> I'm using Qpsmtpd 0.28 and a while ago I changed my loglevel from 8 to
>> 7 and after that change receivers email address wasn't shown in the
>> log anymore.
>

> What you changed is fine; I committed something like that to the core
> some time ago.
>
> On that note, you should really upgrade to something newer than 0.28;
> among other things, I've gone through and tried to rationalize the log
> levels so that similar elements are logged at the same level.
> Additionally, the logging was completely rewritten (in 0.30) to support
> logging plugins, including one, logging/adaptive, that allows you to
> have the effect of two log levels set:
>
>     detailed (equivalent to LOGDEBUG)
>     successful (e.g. equivalent to LOGERROR)
>
> so you can keep your successful log entries for a longer period than
> your unsuccessful entries.

I would add that the new hooks that John added recently make it really
easy to log information about accepted and rejected msgs.

Used with a suitable multilog filter it's possible to create three log
files: detailed, accepted, rejected, with accepted and rejected having a
single line for each message.

Nice.

R.