Hi,

I'm about to do a mail server migration. This is a hardware upgrade,
i.e. the software will remain pretty much the same
(qmail,vpopmail,bincimap,qpsmtpd, etc).

I'm thinking about how best to do the cutover between mail servers.

At some stage, I want to stop mail being delivered to server A and have
it delivered to server B. But, there will be period of time while the
DNS changes propagate where mail could potentially be delivered to
server A and server B (different messages, obviously). Is this correct?

If so, I've been thinking of how best to re-direct any connections
arriving at server A over to server B.

Any suggestions?

All comments appreciated.

Thanks,