On 4/2/06 1:13 AM, "John Wang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Also, are there any known problems with Apache::Qpsmtpd aside from not
>> working with check_earlytalker. I've read that apache.org uses
>> Apache::Qpsmtpd so I assume it's reasonably stable. Is this true?
>>

> The post also indicates that Apache::Qpsmtpd won't be materially faster than
> forkserver. If so, what's the primary motivation to use Apache::Qpsmtpd if
> it won't work with check_earlytalker.

For me there are metrics and operational procedures that exist for
supporting apache in a production environment.  I didn't have to build a new
set of documentation for support people to track another application on
systems.

If you have a good startup script for forkserver that sets up the
ENV/resources right for limits like tcpserver then you might not gain so
much.  I had support people restarting forkserver in ad-hoc methods and I
needed to short-circuit that process.  It was an educational issue.  I was
able to cross-pollinate applications as apache was already on these systems
and it does the resource management already.

I don't know that I really miss the check_earlytalker.  It probably did drop
things that never should make it into the system, but I don't know that most
(all?) of that mail got sifted out anyway.  If it were to work, I'd put it
into service. <grin>

peter