On 5/14/06 at 9:45 AM Peter J. Holzer wrote:
>Not only a discussion, it has also been implemented: Simply set the
>QPSMTPD_CONFIG environment variable.

It looks like QPSMTPD_CONFIG won't work with forkserver.  I need to deploy
two instances with different IP addresses and forkserver seems to ignore
config/IP.  I also need to keep separate log files but I don't see anyway
to configure those paths.

Here is a little information about my Fedora 2 setup.  I am using qpsmtpd
0.32 with daemontools.  Here are the contents of ~smtpd/qpsmtpd/run:
-----------------
#!/bin/sh

export QPSMTPD_CONFIG=/home/smtpd/qpsmtpd-2/config

exec 2>&1 \
sh -c '
  exec \
    /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 25000000 \
    ${PERL-perl} -T ./qpsmtpd-forkserver \
    --listen-address xx.xxx.xxx.xxx \
    --port 25 \
    --limit-connections 40 \
    --max-from-ip 10 \
    --user smtpd
'

Notice that it is being run by forkserver and uses the --listen-address
argument to set the IP address.  Without this argument forkserver defaults
to listening on all addresses which is bad for me.  It looks like config/IP
is only used by tcpserver.

Am I missing something?  Other than duplicating the qpsmtpd directory, is
there a way of using forkserver to deploy two instances of qpsmtpd
listening on two different IP addresses with separate log files?

Thanks,
Nedry