On Jun 7, 2006, at 12:19, Charlie Brady wrote:

I'd guess that I'm not the only one here who doesn't know what a launchd plist is.

launchd is the init / "process 1" on Mac OS X 10.4. A plist is a OS X / Cocoa configuration format.

The continue the brief digression: launchd is actually pretty neat. In functionality it's not unlike supervise/runit. It replaces init and the /etc/rc and /etc/init.d type scripts and things like inetd.

        http://developer.apple.com/macosx/launchd.html

As it matures I wouldn't be surprised to eventually see it make its way into some of the Linux and BSD distributions ...

 - ask

--
http://askask.com/  - http://develooper.com/