On 15-Jun-06, at 3:37 PM, Brian Grossman wrote:

Thanks both of you.  I'll rebase mine to trunk.

Yup. I have a feeling I stumbled across a perl bug or something. I
got very strange happenings in my server. I want to try again with a
more recent perl at some point, but as with everyone else, no time to
play with it.

Which version of perl were you using?

5.8.0 on Red Hat 8. (yeah yeah, I know... But the server is in the UK and I'm scared of doing a remote upgrade).

I do have some pending patches that remove a lot of the cruft where I
tried to support forkserver and inetd servers with the same code. I
don't think that's a valuable goal any more. Instead we can just have
separate versions of plugins for the different environments.

I agree, and plugins tend to be pretty stable once they've been there
awhile so it shouldn't add too much maintenance.

The cruft you speak of is strictly in the plugins? or does it also simplify
other parts of the code?

None of it's in the plugins - it simplifies other parts of the code.

Matt.