> The problem is that the header checks all happen in data_post and the
> relay check is during connect (and rcpt).  It may be possible to create
> a hook for data_post which bypasses the remaining data_post hooks iff
> $connection->relay_client()...

Not a good solution because it lacks flexibility. I would like to have
virus scanning for all mails, even relayed ones (because my users also
happen to have infected machines). However virus scan makes more sense
to run after check_basicheaders (and probably other checks) because it
increases machine load and is unnecesary for mails which get rejected
anyway.

Four possible solutions:

a.) Make every plugin in question configurable to allow optional bypass
    for relaying users.

b.) Have different plugin-configs for relaying and non-relaying users.

c.) Reintroduce per-user-configuration and make it part of the core.

d.) Put conditionals / if-then-else structure into plugin-config.

I really really would love ot see c.) implemented. qpsmtpd now has a
lot of plugins which have various risk levels regarding to suppression
of legitimate mail. I have a lot of users on my mail server and some
would like a more relaxed spam filtering and some a more strict one.
I simply can not have one-size-fits-them-all configuration any longer.

Regards
Michael

--
      It's an insane world, but i'm proud to be a part of it. -- Bill Hicks