On Wednesday 06 September 2006 11:31, Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:
> Forkserver and the prefork server could maybe share more code, but it
> shouldn't go into Qpsmtpd.pm (the current implementation of has_ipv6
> shouldn't be in Constants.pm either for that matter, I was asleep at
> the wheel when I committed that).

Heh, I was somewhat surprised you commited it.

> The "core modules" (Qpsmtpd.pm, Q::SMTP, Q::Constants etc) shouldn't
> have anything "driver specific" included -- that'll just make it that
> much harder to make another "driver" for the system later.  (Useful
> sanity check: How does it work/fit with Apache::Qpsmtpd?)

I wouldn't really call v6 support a "driver", it is more core functionality,
as the main modifications to forkserver and prefork was done before anything
Q related is used (specifically the change from IO::Socket::INET to
IO::Socket::INET6 if available, INET6 supports v4 addresses as well as v6).

The two additional functions I added last night (lrpip and tcpenv) are only
there to handle the core differences between v4 and v6, and to share that
code.

Apache::Qpsmtpd seems to work with IPv6 without modification (apart from
plugins, obviously).

--
Mike Williams