On 9/19/06, Leonardo Helman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Lars, are you calling clam, SA & kaspersky directly from qpsmtpd?Â
or using some other schema (like MailScanner or others?)

Initially we do rbl in order to throw people away up front (spamcop
and spamhouse are great for this) then we hook our own qpsmtpd plugin
which calls the needed scanners. Virus scanners go first since they
are the fastst, then pyzor to determine if we have spam scanned this
email before and if pyzor fails then spam assassin.

For me the load is not important but instead the scan time should be
as short as possible since we are proxying the email (i.e. the scan
must complete before we say OK to the sender and relay the email on to
its destination).

--
Lars Roland