From: Juerd [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 1:55 PM
To: qpsmtpd@perl.org
Subject: Re: qmail port

Marcus Brim skribis 2007-01-03 11:53 (-0600):
> I run it in the configuration that Charlie's asking about, and it
> seems to work well.   Forwards to port 2525 where qmail picks it up.

If qmail runs on the same machine, it's much better to deliver it
directly to qmail, than to use a new TCP+SMTP connection for this.

Running qmail on the same machine, on port 2525, and forwarding
everything to it, is a waste of resources. Besides that, it is harder to
set up, and harder to maintain.

Just run everything you normally run for qmail, but without qmail-smtpd.
The easy way to automate this, is to find the init script
(/etc/init.d/qmail on Debian systems) and remove the part that starts
the SMTP daemon. This is typically done with tcpserver; just remove the
entire tcpserver command, which is usually spread over a few lines. Be
careful to remove the right amount of lines!

When I say "remove", read "comment out" :)

To have qpsmtpd deliver to qmail directly, have queue/qmail-queue at the
end of your "plugins" config file. IIRC, this is the default.
--
korajn salutojn,

  juerd waalboer:  perl hacker  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  <http://juerd.nl/sig>
  convolution:     ict solutions and consultancy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Ik vertrouw stemcomputers niet.
Zie <http://www.wijvertrouwenstemcomputersniet.nl/>.