James W. Abendschan wrote:
> The check_earlytalker plugin ensures at least a one
> second pause in every SMTP session, so time() + peer IP
> + peer port will be far more unique than a random number :-)

This has been suggested a few times but I'd rather not have to have ids
for the system depend on using a plugin.  I'm pushing for adding this id
to core qpsmtpd.

> This combo would be unique among all hosts attached to the same
> routable networks -- two hosts on two different, unconnected
> networks could possibly get a connection from the same
> private IP + local port at the same time, but this "should
> be impossible" if the networks are connected.

As in two clients behind a NAT sending to our server at the exact same
time?  Might be possible from server farms or distributed mailing list
systems?

What do you guys think?

--
JT Moree